Mental Health Professional and Credentialed School Counselor
Passionate Mental Health Therapist and Credentialed School Counselor with over 10+ years’ experience providing emotional support to children and adolescents from various socio-economic backgrounds, cultures, and mental health capabilities. Proven track record successfully managing high caseloads delivering high quality, direct service in varied environments including schools, community, home, and office-based settings. Well versed in the creation and implementation of individualized treatment plans based upon the specific needs of the child and family.
MA Psychology at Phillips Graduate Institute
PPS Credential in School Counseling at Phillips Graduate Institute
BA Child and Adolescent Development at California State University Northridge
UM Clinical Program Manager at Children's Bureau
Manage clinical staff comprised of licensed and pre-licensed therapists who provide mental health therapy to children aged 0-21. Accountable for staff development and performance improvement, in addition to promoting high quality clinical care through established monitoring systems such as audits, utilization reporting, client case reviews, and DEI trainings.
• Provides weekly clinical supervision to staff therapists for case review and conceptualization, analysis of legal and ethical requirements, risk assessment, and BBS compliance.
• Ensures all clinical documentation and data collection is complete, timely, accurate, and meets the requirements of LA County DMH standards as well as agency criteria.
• Manage data collection and review of evidence-based outcome measures utilized throughout treatment. EBPs include TFCBT, MAP, Incredible Years, CPP, and IPT.
• By way of training and utilization management, has created a clinical team whose strengths include exceeding productivity expectations consistently each month, fostering strong professional relationships with referring partners, as well as solid clinical care to the clients served.
Full Service Partnership Therapist at Child and Family Center
Intensive, coordinated mental health treatment provided to high-risk, underserved children, adolescents, and transitional age youth who exhibit severe behavioral problems and acute emotional disorders in the school, home, and community settings.
• Counseled individuals and families to bring awareness of problems, manage crisis situations, and develop action plans.
• Provided crisis support and emergency response in an effort to diffuse tensions and prevent harm to self or others.
• Diagnostic evaluations, assessment, and treatment planning provided to best serve the mental, behavioral and emotional needs of the client utilizing a client-centered, trauma informed and strength based team approach.
• Collaborated with interdisciplinary treatment teams like school personnel, DCFS, and Department of Mental Health to develop individualized treatment plans and monitor progress.
DIS Counselor at William S. Hart Union School District
Provided educational, emotional, and behavioral support to exceptional students requiring additional support to ensure academic success.
• Provided guidance and counseling in the areas of academic performance, social skills, self-esteem, and crisis response to students.
• Participate in team meetings regarding IEPs, Student Success Teams, classroom performance and crisis management.
• Formulated diagnoses and case conceptualizations using a culturally competent approach.
• Identified students social, emotional, and academic needs and provided appropriate, individualized, compassionate support and guidance.
• Participated in the academic scheduling and college preparatory planning.