The Senior Clinical Health Coach will work directly with Digital Health Coaches and provide clinical support for consumers to manage their chronic conditions and engage them in sustainable lifestyle changes. As the Senior Clinical Health Coach, you will assess the needs of patients, including identifying and addressing barriers to care and helping them access available benefits and resources. The Senior Clinical Health Coach will collaborate with the Health Coach team and other clinical personnel to effectively develop health care plans and recommendations to the patient. The Senior Clinical Health Coach will also collaborate with the non-clinical coaches on the coaching team, to curate bite-sized goals to drive behavior change and support patients with their overall health and wellness ensuring it’s medically appropriate and relevant to their health condition.
• Collaborate with the Coaching Programmatic team to develop coaching clinical pathways, comprehensive programming, patient education, and coach resources specific to diet and nutrition for Chronic Condition Management, as a Subject Matter Expert.
• Engage the patient and caregiver, helping the patient to adopt healthy lifestyle habits and changes using a robust technology platform.
• Guide patients and caregivers in navigating their health with relevant resources including, but not limited to, Walgreens’ Health Corners, Marketplace services, local community resources, and other recommendations personalized to the patient.
• Develop collaborative relationships with the member’s care team including Non-Clinical Health Coaches, Subject Matter Experts and other Clinical personnel to effectively engage the patient on their health journey.
• Support members with a wide variety of health concerns and approaches to drive towards change and positive outcomes.
• Collaborate with the Health Coaching team and provide feedback to iterate on existing coach programming, including best practices for coach delivery, internal resources, training, onboarding, etc.
• Motivate, focus, and energize members with our mobile care management platform.
• Support members in the behavior change process and create actionable plans through bite-sized goals and learning-friendly educational resources.
• Engage members in collaborative relationships, empowering them to manage their psycho-social, physical and environmental health to improve and maintain their well-being.
• Contribute to a growing team of health coaches, providing input on team programming, culture, diversity and inclusion efforts, and more
Possess an active Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) certification through the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
Bachelor’s Degree in a food or health-related field such as Nutrition, Food Science, or related field
At least 2 years of experience of inpatient or outpatient clinic experience, preferably with a Chronic Condition population
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other care team members including health coaches, nurses, care team navigators, etc.
At least 2 years of experience as a Registered Dietician.
Experience or comfort with addressing patient’s basic behavioral health concerns.
Experience or strong interest in working with a diverse patient population
Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Proficient with digital/tech health apps
Experience with digital tools and/or familiarity with translating rapport-building from in-person to digital
Medicaid and/or Medicare knowledge
Experience working with population health and understanding of social determinants of health + health equity
Proficiency in conversational Spanish or other languages
Experience engaging with patients with chronic diseases and conditions such as diabetes, obesity, weight-loss etc.
Previous digital health coaching experience
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
To apply for this job please visit jobs.walgreens.com.