The Senior Clinical Health Coach will work directly with Digital Health Coaches and provide clinical support for consumers in need of support for mental health and wellness, in order to better manage
their chronic conditions. As the Senior Clinical Health Coach, you will assess the needs of patients, including identifying and addressing mental health and wellness needs and helping them access available
benefits and resources. The Senior Clinical Health Coach will collaborate with the Health Coach team and other clinical personnel to effectively develop plans and recommendations to the patient. The Senior Clinical Health Coach will also collaborate with the non-clinical coaches on the coaching team, to support
patients in addressing their mental health and wellness needs.
• Collaborate with the Coaching Programmatic team to develop coaching clinical pathways, comprehensive programming, patient education, and coach resources specific to Behavioral Health within Chronic Care Management, as a Subject Matter Expert.
• Develop initial training and ongoing learning and development opportunities for Clinical and nonclinical coaches to continuously expand their ability to provide mental health support to members.
• Engage the patient and caregiver, helping the patient to address mental health and wellness, in order to positively impact their ability to adopt healthy lifestyle habits and changes using a robust technology platform.
• Guide patients and caregivers in navigating their health with relevant resources including, but not limited to, Walgreens’ Health Corners, Marketplace services, local community resources, and other recommendations personalized to the patient.
• Develop collaborative relationships with the member’s care team including Non-Clinical Health Coaches, Subject Matter Experts and other Clinical personnel to effectively engage the patient on their health journey.
• Provide support and approaches to members with a wide variety of mental health, physical health and social concerns to drive change and positive outcomes.
• Collaborate with the Health Coaching team and provide feedback to iterate on existing coach programming, including best practices for coach delivery, internal resources, training, onboarding, etc.
• Engage members in collaborative relationships, empowering them to manage their psycho-social, physical and environmental health to improve and maintain their well-being.
• Contribute to a growing team of health coaches, providing input on team programming, culture, diversity and inclusion efforts, and more.
Must be licensed as a Mental Health professional as one of the following: psychologist, LCSW, LPC, MFT or other licensed professional able to provide therapeutic support.
At least 2 years of professional clinical experience providing mental health support and/or therapy, preferably specific to chronic disease management
Experience or strong interest in working with a diverse patient population
Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes(within state and out of state).
Proficient with digital/tech health apps
Experience with digital tools and/or familiarity with translating rapport-building from in-person to digital
Medicaid and/or Medicare knowledge
Experience working with population health and understanding of social determinants of health + health equity
Proficiency in conversational Spanish or other languages
Experience engaging with patients with chronic diseases and conditions such as diabetes, obesity, weight-loss etc.
Previous digital health coaching experience
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.walgreens.com.