Website Vital Decisions LLC
Healthcare service company specializing in Advance Care Planning
A Mission-Driven Career
Your mission at Vital Decisions will be to activate and empower individuals to be proactive in their healthcare decision making process, and in their communication with loved ones and medical providers. Through a series of telephonic sessions, the Specialist guides individuals through a structured, outcome based advance care planning and alignment service. Specialists are trained in clinical skills to enhance motivation for engaging in and completing process for future care planning utilizing motivational interviewing techniques, advance care planning knowledge, and Vital Decisions’ outcome based model.
The Specialist has a lead role in helping us achieve our Mission by enrolling new members and/or caregivers into our Living Well Program and guiding them through the advance care planning process over 3 to 5 telephonic sessions.
A Mission-Driven Organization
At Vital Decisions, we place a high value on helping our clients live their best lives through innovative programs. Similarly, as an organization we work hard to create and continually foster a creative, diverse, and dynamic environment that supports each employee to grow and thrive. It is a responsibility of each team member to play an active role in contributing to this culture with our shared values at the core of everything we do:
Self-Reflection | Transparency | Respect | Communication | Diversity | Collaboration
We truly value every employee, and are proud to offer benefits that set us apart, including:
– Completely remote work from day one!
– Competitive salary plus incentive opportunities
– Extensive training program that starts at new hire and continues throughout employment
– Professional growth opportunities
– Opportunities to get involved in office committees such as Social Committee, Culture Committee, Wellness Committee or Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Advisory Committee
– Full Benefits Package (including: Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, 401(k), EAP, Life Insurance, LTD, STD & Pet Insurance)
– Up to 10 days of accrued Paid Time Off per year, which increases to 15 days per year after first year of employment, and 20 days per year after 3 years of employment
– Enjoy two Floating Holidays, five days (40 hours) of Sick Time Off (STO), and nine company holidays per year
– Two paid CEU / Professional Development days per year
– One hour company paid lunch
What Our Employees Say
“The culture at Vital Decisions is one of support, enrichment, and expansion. I feel 100% comfortable in my own skin and celebrated for the gifts I can offer to both the company and the clientele we work with. This is very special to me as I am not one to work for organizations, but have always run my own company.”
“Vital Decisions has an environment that fosters a sense of belonging and purpose, for employees to use their talents for a greater good of the clients.”
Click Here to meet some of our team and hear their stories!
Please note that this is a FULL-TIME position that is completely remote from your home. Ability to have a quiet, private work environment with strong internet is required.
We are only able to consider candidates who reside in the following states: Georgia, Florida, Texas, Missouri, Mississippi, New Jersey, Delaware, New York, Louisiana, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Connecticut
The SPECIALIST Role
Our Specialists are at the heart of our success. Our Master’s-level Clinicians work directly with clients and family members to provide a future medical care planning service to individuals experiencing a serious illness and/or with loved ones who may be involved in their care. The focus of the Living Well Program is to ensure that medical care that an individual receives during an advanced illness aligns with the individual’s goals and quality of life priorities over time as one progresses toward end of life. The Specialist activates and empowers individuals to be proactive in their healthcare decision making process and in their communication with loved ones and medical providers. Through a series of telephonic sessions, Specialist guides individuals through a structured, outcome based advance care planning and alignment service.
Our program utilizes Motivational Interviewing (MI), which is an evidenced based, client-centered conversation focused on enhancing individuals intrinsic motivation in making behavior change. Our training team consists of experts in MI as well as advanced illness that design and provide unparalleled training, coaching and support to our Specialists and all clinical staff to ensure we’re providing high quality service to our clients.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be…
– Passionate for helping others
– Genuine and highly empathetic
– Comfortable with being vulnerable and open as you learn to deliver our services
– Eager to work in an environment that values ongoing learning and growth
– Highly organized, confident, and an independent thinker
– Self-motivated & goal directed
– Excited to work in a growing, ground breaking organization
– Performs daily telephonic outreach to referred members from collaborating health plan in order to enroll eligible clients into the program. During initial intake sessions, Specialists:
– Provide introduction of the Living Well Program as a free and voluntary benefit
– Determine eligibility and appropriateness for program participation by evoking clients understanding of their medical conditions and prognosis
– Explore previous experience with planning for future medical care
– Cultivate willingness, motivation, and agreement to participate in a future care planning process
– Explore what matters most to client and their loved ones in terms of shared decision making and future medical care planning
– Provides consistent telephonic outreach to schedule and continue Living – Well program services to engaged clients over course of several months.
– Over three to five telephonic sessions, assists client in articulating values and goals for future care, communicating preferences for future care, documenting preferences using advance directives and sharing these wishes with people who may need to make decisions on behalf of the client during medical emergencies including health care proxy, other significant others, and medical providers so that care is aligned with the client’s wishes.
– Provides information, tools, and support to assist client and/or family member in developing a plan to become a more active participant in the healthcare decision-making.
– Utilize brief intervention model to deliver services in a compassionate, empathic manner where client and Specialist partner together to empower client
– Completes electronic documentation according to Vital Decisions policies/procedures
– Participates in ongoing training required by organization to enhance clinical skills and ensure quality services are delivered. Identifies goals for ongoing learning and development and demonstrates progress over time on achieving goals.
– Participates in regular clinical supervision to enhance effectiveness and attends monthly team meetings; contributes to goals of organization and team
– Actively participates in organizational success by upholding mission and organizational values of communication, collaboration, diversity, respect, transparency, and self-awareness. Takes responsibility to be a positive contributor.
– Regularly uses multiple forms of technology to execute the above duties and responsibilities. Familiarity with Microsoft Office products is preferred.
– Able to independently problem solve and organize time to consistently achieve productivity and quality standards for role including effective caseload management.
– New hire Specialists are hired at Tier 1. Tiers 2-4 are offered to Specialists that elect and demonstrate consistency in all key performance areas on a monthly basis:
Tier 1: Enroll 14 new members / Manage caseload of 60-80 enrolled clients
Tier 2: Enroll 17 new members / Manage caseload of 70-90 enrolled clients
Tier 3: Enroll 20 new members / Manage caseload of 80-100 enrolled clients
Tier 4: Enroll 23 new members / Manage caseload of 80-100 enrolled clients
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
– Ability to create an atmosphere of trust. Demonstration of clinical capacities to engage, build repo ire, and partner with clients around future healthcare decision making process while navigating behavioral and emotional barriers.
– Willingness to employ techniques of motivational interviewing to deliver an outcome based, time limited intervention; willingness to receive ongoing clinical coaching.
– Ability to empower patients to address their future healthcare needs and end-of-life decisions in a proactive rather than reactive manner.
– Ability to manage an average call volume of 50-60 calls per day while also conducting sessions with enrolled members.
– Skilled at assisting individuals in articulating and understanding the values underlying their assumptions, their healthcare decisions, and the possible outcomes of those decisions.
– Ability to use independent judgment and organize/complete daily tasks of role.
– Ability to adapt to changes including, but not limited to, technological, organizational, and procedural changes. Flexible, adaptable, team oriented.
Education & Experience
– Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy
– 2 or more years’ post-Master’s clinical experience; working directly with individuals, families or couples providing goal oriented, behavioral change interventions
– Experience in patient empowerment
– Exceptional phone skills and a strong, independent work ethic
– Experience delivering measureable, outcome based clinical interventions in fast paced environment
– Comfort with issues surrounding advanced illness, death, and dying
– Knowledge and/or experience in end of life care
– Familiarity with Motivational Interviewing (MI)
– Telephonic experience
– Bilingual in Spanish a plus! We offer a compensation incentive to Specialists fluent (read, write, speak) in Spanish.
Must have private working space at home with reliable high speed, private internet service to maintain compliance, quality service, and client confidentiality while telecommuting or working from home.
Due to the nature of the work performed in this role and the exposure to clients’ personal health information, Vital Decisions performs pre-employment background checks upon the completion of a background release form at the time an offer of employment is made.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify.
The decision to join the Vital Decisions Team gives you the opportunity to be valued for your expertise and truly make an impact across the country. Ready to join? Click Apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.