Website St Agnes Academy
Catholic college preparatory academy for women
Duration: School Year (10 month)
Reporting to: Director of College Counseling
FLSA: exempt/contract employee
Schedule: Monday through Friday (evening parent programs or weekend testing events)
Hours: 7:50 am to 3:20 pm
Position effective date: currently open for this academic year
Mission: Rooted in the Dominican tradition, St. Agnes Academy provides a Catholic college preparatory education that encourages young women to develop intellectual curiosity, to work for social justice and to act with integrity and compassion.
Faith, Community, and Dominican Charism
- Ensure that the four pillars of a Dominican education (prayer, study, community, preaching) are developed and promoted among the school community
- Develop an active faith community and models Christian values
- Incorporate prayer and spiritual formation within the student, faculty/staff and parent communities
- Uphold and implement the Dominican charism and the Houston Dominican Sisters congregational goals
To robustly prepare and guide students through a multi-point college counseling program with the goal of achieving a college placement with a strong focus on fit and match.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Provide academic and college counseling to a caseload of approximately 120 students, including sophomores, juniors and seniors.
- Establish a timeline for the college search and application process and assist students with all aspects of the process, from prospective college identification to the logistics of application completion.
- Develop positive relationships with College Admissions Representatives from colleges and universities throughout the country to help foster a better understanding of the rigor of the St. Agnes curriculum and school culture.
- Work to establish collaborative working relationship with a team of five other counselors.
- Assist in the development and execution of group guidance efforts and evening parent programs.
- Each college counselor has a specific task/project/event s/he leads.
- Complete individual projects as assigned.
- Some travel to Colleges/Universities maybe required
- Complete Safe Haven Training
- Commitment to embracing the mission of St. Agnes Academy
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Student Affairs, Education, Counseling or related field preferred
- Prior experience as a College Counselor with a successful track record of student admissions to college preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Strong work ethic with the ability to manage multiple, and occasionally simultaneous, deadlines and projects
- Excellent judgment, confidentiality, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to take initiative and work with a dynamic team
- Meticulous organizational and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills in relating to multiple audiences, including students, parents, and educators with grace, competence, and warmth
This job operates in a professional/education/office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at desk area, communicate via phone/face to face, manually input data into a computer, walk to different office areas, reach with hands and arms, and minimal lifting.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.