Cherry Health is seeking a Chief Behavioral Officer
The Chief Behavioral Health Officer (CBHO) provides strategic leadership, direction, oversight, and planning for all behavioral health care activities within Cherry Health. This position is a member of the executive leadership team, and will work collaboratively with clinical and operational leaders to drive the delivery and integration of behavioral health and medical care.
Please apply on our website at: https://cherryhealth.org/careers/
Who we are:
Cherry Health, Michigan’s largest Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), operates in six counties across the state, is based in Grand Rapids. With a team of more than 800 health care professionals at 20 locations, Cherry Health focuses on removing barriers, expanding access, and delivering comprehensive quality health care services to underserved communities, regardless of an individual’s insurance status or ability to pay. We provide primary care, dental, vision, behavioral health, pharmacy services, substance abuse services, school based health centers and more.
Cherry Health improves the health and wellness of individuals by providing comprehensive primary and behavioral health care while encouraging access by those who are underserved.
Our community will be healthier because we will seek out and welcome those who need our services. All will be treated as family with integrated, coordinated care to improve health and personal well-being.
- Collaboration – Support the Cherry Health mission by encouraging teamwork to accomplish organizational goals.
- Customer Service – Serve internal and external customers in a welcoming manner with compassionate care.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – Build a stronger culture through treating all patients and staff with respect, dignity and compassion.
- Innovation – Embrace creativity to improve patient care and workplace efficiency while remaining curious and open to learning.
- Integrity – Uphold the highest ethical standards by being honest and trustworthy.
- Professionalism – Create a positive work environment where we care accountable for our decision, our action and the results.
Cherry Health has excellent benefit offerings, check out a sample of the benefits available to our team members below!
- 3 Medical Insurance Plan options for you and your family
- Dental and Vision Insurance Plans with providers across the State of Michigan
- Generous Paid Time Off benefit that includes 7 paid full day holidays (Including Black Friday!) and 2 half day paid holidays!
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with generous employer match – fully vested from day 1
- MET and MESP 529 Savings Plans
- Pet Insurance!
- Vendor discounts and much more!
- Work in alignment with executive leadership to implement integrated behavioral health care services.
- Lead Behavioral Health providers, leaders, and staff.
- Lead behavioral health programs (Behavioral Health Outpatient Therapy, Substance Use Disorder Treatment, Clubhouse, Targeted Case Management, School Based and others) including philosophy of care and treatment, performance improvement, staff recruitment, development and support, clinical productivity and financial performance.
- Manage behavioral health contracts, including external provider relationships and programs under regulation of CMH partners. This including transitional grant projects such as CCBHC.
- Ensure that Quality and Risk programs and plans are followed, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations of an Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) (HRSA, HIPAA, OSHA, CARF and other State and Federal laws).
- Operationalize grant projects, ensuring compliance with grant activities and spending/spend down. Assist with grant writing when applicable.
- Function as a Behavioral Health clinician according to individual licensure.
- Lead the collaboration, development and maintenance of policies and procedures for integrated behavioral health programs.
- Understand and adhere to Cherry Health’s compliance standards as they appear in Cherry Health’s Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Monitor pertinent federal, state and Agency regulations, laws, and policies related to behavioral health care, on an ongoing basis.
Adhere to the organizational Policies, Procedures, Code of Ethics, and all licensing and accreditation standards of the position.
Represent the organization’s Mission in all actions and communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
- Proven ability to interface effectively across professional disciplines including primary care, psychiatry, nursing, social work, and pharmacy.
- Knowledge in the professional disciplines of Behavioral Health, and Substance Use Disorders.
- Ability to lead others in cross-functional disciplines.
- Experience and demonstrated competency in use of data analytics. Analytical skills necessary to analyze and interpret complex data and to identify and solve problems.
- Produce accurate and comprehensive work products with minimal direction.
- Exercise mature judgment and maintain strict confidentiality.
Maintain favorable interpersonal working relationships and positive public relations. Strong interpersonal skills to interact with leadership, employees, patients and the general public.
Plan and organize work, perform tasks consistently and adhere to priorities.
- Basic Life Support/CPR training according to requirements of license and/or certification.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members.Effectively communicate with diverse individuals and groups.
- Exercise professional judgment in appraising situations and decisions.
- Apply knowledge of medical policies and procedures.
- Apply knowledge of Quality Assurance Programs.
- At least 7-10 years of practice experience as a Mental Health Clinician or Medical Clinician, and 3-5 years of proven Behavioral Health leadership.
- Experience with Federally Qualified Health Centers is helpful, knowledge of primary care and behavioral health integration is preferred.
- MD, DO, NP, PA, MSW or PhD in Social Work or related field from an accredited school; current license to practice in the State of Michigan.
- If applicable, maintain DEA Registration and Board Certification.
We are accepting applications for this position until the position is filled.
Our policy is to offer all employees and applicants for employment equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected category.
Cherry Health requires all team members, including temps, contractors, interns, residents, students, etc. to receive the COVID-19 vaccinations subject to certain exclusions. Cherry Health is committed to granting reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable laws.
To apply for this job please visit cherryhealth.org.