Psychotherapist, Full-time (Canopy MHC)
Canopy is a values-based mental health organization committed to centering BIPOC and other historically marginalized and underrepresented communities. Canopy provides high quality services with purpose and integrity by collaborating with and supporting individuals, groups, families, and communities in meeting their mental health goals. Canopy aspires to provide a supportive and educational work atmosphere where collaboration and egalitarian decision-making fosters respect and trust among diverse providers.
The Psychotherapist role is responsible for providing individual, family, couples, and group psychotherapy services to diverse clientele from a client centered and culturally responsive stance. Services are provided in an outpatient and/or telehealth setting.
Clinicians who identify as BIPOC and/or as members of historically marginalized/underserved groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
This role is full-time exempt, and eligible for insurance and benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, 401K with matching, training stipend), with a starting salary range between $60,000 and $70,000 per year.
This role is supervised by Canopy’s Clinical Manager and receives administrative support from Canopy’s Office Manager.
Job duties include:
- Complete onboarding and training process
- Maintain a minimum of 28 completed client sessions per week
- Offer in-person and telehealth sessions to clients
- Able to work 2 evenings per week OR Saturdays to optimize client availability
- In office work may be required, depending on regulation and insurance contract agreements.
- Use electronic health record (EHR) system to complete all documentation (Diagnostic Assessment, Treatment Plans, Case Notes, Discharge Summaries, etc.) and store all client records (Canopy is a paperless company)
- Complete all documentation, claims submission, client correspondence and case coordination in a timely manner
- Complete client services and documentation in accordance with professional standards of their licensing board, Minnesota state statutes governing mental health services, and requirements of private insurance contracts
- Refer clients as needed to appropriate levels of care, and other medical professionals and services that support their mental health
- Pre-licensed clinicians must attend weekly group consultation meetings offered by Canopy and attend weekly clinical supervision meetings that meet your licensing board requirements
- Licensed clinicians must attend group consultation meetings twice a month
- All clinicians will attend individual administrative meetings once month with the Clinical Manager
- Complete regular continued education in areas relevant to Canopy’s clientele
- Must be fully licensed in the state of Minnesota to practice psychotherapy (LP, LPCC, LMFT, LICSW) or Master’s Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Psychology and pursuing licensure track.
- Out-of-state applicants must be licensed or willing to become licensed in Minnesota
- Must be passionate and knowledgeable about providing culturally responsive services, equitable healthcare access, and social and economic challenges of the clients that they work with.
- Must have at least basic knowledge of insurance billing processes (CPT codes, diagnostic codes, use of modifiers, etc.).
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of insurance billing processes (CPT codes, diagnostic codes, use of modifiers, etc.) and electronic health record systems.
- Experience providing mental health services to diverse clientele.
Canopy Mental Health & Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. Canopy Mental Health & Consulting does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com