Wayne State University
Position: The College of Education at Wayne State University is pleased to invite applications for a tenured Assistant/Associate Professor of Counselor Education.
Start Date: August 18, 2023.
· We are seeking a scholar whose work extends and strengthens the expertise of current faculty.
· Applicants must have earned a doctorate degree (preferably from a CACREP program).
· The ideal candidate must have the ability to develop and maintain a productive research program, mentor and advise graduate students, and has a strong record of teaching at the graduate level in Counselor Education.
· Important review criteria include evidence of a commitment to working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and an eagerness to embody the mission of the College of Education.
· We are seeking a scholar who has published in counselor education and supervision and/or related academic journals and has a clear, compelling research agenda that has attracted some notoriety in the field (e.g., publication in influential journals and/or media outlets, state- or national-level speaking engagements, community-based programming with notable individual/group impact, etc.).
· The search committee is especially interested in candidates who, through their research, teaching, and/or service will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. Wayne State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates, without regard to race/color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
The Wayne State University Community: Wayne State University is classified as a “doctoral university: very high research activity” by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. We are located in Midtown Detroit, the city center and one of the country’s fastest-growing neighborhoods, which welcomes more than 2.5 million visitors annually. Here, you’ll find 200 acres of green space, walking paths and state-of-the-art facilities surrounded by renowned cultural institutions and industry-leading employers. WSU has a COVID-19 and flu vaccine mandate and has been a leader in preventing community spread of the coronavirus. Find out more here. Wayne State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates, without regard to race/color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Application Process: All applicants must use the WSU Online Hiring System at http://jobs.wayne.edu, referring to Posting number 046140 Electronic applications must include a cover letter; curriculum vita (CV); names and contact information for at least three references; and 2 to 3 representative publications/papers for review. The search committee will begin reviewing applications and continue until the position is filled.
Inquiries about the position may be directed to the chair of the search committee:
Dr. Thomas Michalos, Thomas.email@example.com
Program Coordinator, Counselor Education
Inquiries about the application portal or logistics may be directed to:
Katharine Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit jobs.wayne.edu.