The Senior Clinical Health Coach will work directly with Digital Health Coaches and provide support for consumers in addressing Social Determinants of Health in order to better manage their chronic conditions. As the Senior Clinical Health Coach, you will assess the needs of patients, including identifying and addressing barriers to care and helping them access available benefits and resources. The Senior Clinical Health Coach will collaborate with the Health Coach team and other clinical personnel to effectively develop plans and recommendations to the patient. The Senior Clinical Health Coach will also collaborate with the non-clinical coaches on the coaching team, to support patients as they address barriers to their overall health and wellness.
• Collaborate with the Coaching Programmatic team to develop comprehensive programming, patient education, and coach resources specific to Social Determinants of Health within the Chronic Condition population, as a Subject Matter Expert.
• Engage the patient and caregiver, helping the patient to decrease barriers to adopting healthy lifestyle habits and changes using a robust technology platform.
• Guide patients and caregivers in navigating their health with relevant resources including, but not limited to, Walgreens’ Health Corners, Marketplace services, local community resources, and other recommendations personalized to the patient.
• Develop collaborative relationships with the member’s care team including Non-Clinical Health Coaches, Subject Matter Experts and other Clinical personnel to effectively engage the patient on their health journey.
• Provide support and approaches to members with a wide variety of health and social concerns to drive change and positive outcomes.
• Collaborate with the Health Coaching team and provide feedback to iterate on existing coach programming, including best practices for coach delivery, internal resources, training, onboarding, etc.
• Engage members in collaborative relationships, empowering them to manage their psycho-social, physical and environmental health to improve and maintain their well-being.
• Contribute to a growing team of health coaches, providing input on team programming, culture, diversity and inclusion efforts, and more.
Must possess a current license as an LCSW
At least 2 years of professional experience as an LCSW, working with a population with Chronic Disease
Demonstrated experience addressing Social Determinants of Health, preferably for a population with Chronic Disease
Experience or comfort with addressing patient’s basic behavioral health concerns
Experience or strong interest in working with a diverse patient population
Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Master’s Degree in Social Work
Proficient with digital/tech health apps
Experience with digital tools and/or familiarity with translating rapport-building from in-person to digital
Medicaid and/or Medicare knowledge
Experience working with population health and understanding of health equity
Proficiency in conversational Spanish or other languages
Experience engaging with patients with chronic diseases and conditions such as diabetes, obesity, weight-loss etc.
Previous digital health coaching experience
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
To apply for this job please visit jobs.walgreens.com.