Website University of South Florida
University of South Florida
The University of South Florida (USF) Rehabilitation & Mental Health Counseling Program is seeking a 12-month Instructor for their Master’s Program. This position will be responsible for teaching classes, advising students, and providing clinical supervision for field placement experience. They will be responsible for supporting field placement coordination and training, grant application and management. We seek individuals who bring enthusiasm and a deep commitment to academic excellence, within the scholar-practitioner tradition. We are particularly interested in candidates who are able to provide leadership, work with diverse students, stakeholders, and colleagues. Furthermore, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the teaching/advising environment.
• Doctorate from a CACREP accredited Counselor Education and Supervision program and identifies professionally as a Mental Health Counselor/Rehabilitation Counselor.
• Must be a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) or is eligible for LMHC licensure in Florida within a year
• Has dual licensure as a Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) and Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
• Has knowledge of local community based mental health services or demonstrates the ability to form partnerships with local agencies.
• Demonstrates teaching effectiveness or clinical experience and interests in children and family interventions, integrated behavioral healthcare, or substance abuse counseling.
• Demonstrates professional experience in leadership, teaching and/or delivering clinical services and supervision.
• Holds certification as a rehabilitation counselor or eligible for certification.
• Evidence of commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the teaching/advising environment.
• Start date: August 2022
• Salary is competitive & commensurate with qualifications & experience.
• To apply for this position, applicants must apply through the USF online application system at www.usf.edu/work-atusf and search for Job ID 28553.
• The application deadline is December 1, 2021
Department of Child
& Family Studies
The Department of Child & family Studies (CFS) at the University of South Florida is housed within the College of Behavioral and Community Sciences (CBCS). The Department’s efforts are consistent with the College mission of combining knowledge gained through the behavioral sciences with knowledge gained from the community. CFS faculty, staff and students, who are well immersed in the local community as well as state and national efforts, are deeply connected to the college’s focus of Creating Healthy Communities. The RMHC Program currently offers a Master’s degree & two Graduate Certificate programs.
“The College of Behavioral and Community Sciences at USF celebrates diversity and inclusive excellence in alignment with our Principles of Community. We believe our future success as an institution requires that we attract and retain a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. All job decisions at USF are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.”
To apply for this job please visit www.usf.edu.