Easterseals DC MD VA and the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic for the National Capital Area is looking for a Licensed Mental Health Clinician. Provide direct counseling services + evidence-based care for clients of the clinic. The position requires a Master’s in Social work or Family Therapy, an independent license to practice in ONE: Maryland, Virginia, DC, and West Virginia, plus experience working with military populations, in counseling trauma and PTSD and with individual, couples, and family CBT therapy.
- 3 days remote (Friday plus 2 others) and 2 in clinic.
- 1 half day on 1 Saturday a month, with reduces hours on another day of that week to equal 40 hours.
- Provide direct evidenced-based CBT-informed mental health services and referrals for veterans and their families.
- Perform and document client screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information.
- Conduct clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members.
- Provide individual, couples, and family to patients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments.
- Provide treatment in compliance with state and federal guidelines as well as Center policies, protocols and procedures.
Administration, Management, and Operations
- Collaborate and coordinate with the caregiver, physician, director, case management and all other disciplines, to provide the best care to patients.
- Manage full caseload of veteran and family members. Complete accurate documentation in electronic health record.
- Actively participate in weekly clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings.
Exceptional Clinician: Proven capacity to deliver results through short-term therapy programs. Ability to identify and assess high-risk veterans or family members and provide appropriate acute care intervention.
Exceptional Communicator: Communicate effectively verbally and written. Present a positive and friendly demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, and clinic support personnel, funders and the public. Develop/give oral presentations.
Decision Maker: Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations.
Ability to Succeed in a Not-for-Profit Environment: Success in a highly collaborative and collegial organization. Comfortable rolling one’s sleeves up and engaging in day-to-day operations.
- Veteran or military family member strongly preferred
- Experience working with military populations required
- Master in Social Work or Family Therapy
- License to practice as a Social Worker (LCSW-C), or similar level of degree and training (LCPC, LMFT, etc.)
- Independently licensed to practice in one: Maryland, Washington, DC, Virginia, or West Virginia
- 3+ years in an outpatient clinical setting providing Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Experience working with or managing the care of adults, children, couples, and families
- Experience and training in providing cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Knowledge in DSM-IV/DSM-V diagnoses. Knowledge of the appropriate and effective use of HIPPA and HITECH
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit veteranstaffingnetwork.secure.force.com.