Website Samaritan Center
Treat the whole person - mind, body, spirit and community
We are seeking an energetic, passionate staff therapist to provide child, adolescent, adult and family counseling. He or she may also provide workshops, groups and/or community education on a variety of mental health related topics. Currently services are being provided through tele-health, but eventually services will include in-person therapy from our main office in Austin. Staff therapists are part of a clinical team and will participate regularly in case consultation and other required administrative activities.
The Samaritan Center (www.samaritan-center.org) is a non-profit counseling and integrative wellness center. Our mission is to heal hearts, provide hope, and enhance lives with a holistic approach to mental health for all ages, whole families and the military community. We envision a healthy and compassionate community where every individual achieves mental, physical, spiritual and social well- being.
Full-time therapists receive comprehensive benefits, including paid time off, medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, with opportunities for advanced training and education, and paid professional license fees.
· Reporting to the Clinical Director, a staff therapist provides individual, group and family counseling to child, adolescent, and adult clients.
· Caseload comprised of child and/or family, individuals and couples
· Provide parent coaching and support to parents/caregivers of children and adolescents
· Provides the number of agreed upon clinical hours and maintain clinical caseload
· Provide trauma-informed care and work with trauma-informed care partners in the community
· Administer client services including: intake, assessment, treatment planning, and documentation via electronic record keeping.
· Reviews client record to determine the progress, effectiveness, and appropriateness of treatment services offered. Maintains current, accurate and timely clinical documentation in accordance with state and federal law, professional ethics, and Samaritan Center policies
· Provide workshops and/or community education on a variety of mental health related topics as needed.
· Works with the administrative staff to collect fees when appropriate
· Maintains calendar in a timely manner and communicates with office staff when conflicts arise
· Attend and participate in weekly staff requirements: meetings, consultations and trainings
· Will participate in community outreach and self-marketing as necessary to build caseload
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Requires a Master’s or doctoral degree in Counseling. Fully licensed preferred
· Requires licensure in Texas at time of hiring.
· Preferred: Bilingual/Spanish speaking
· Experience in high demand outpatient mental health setting.
· Experience and education related to therapy for children, adolescents and families.
· Willingness to working with children of military and military families (ongoing support and competency training is provided)
· Willingness to provide spiritually integrated therapy; assess one’s use of spirituality as a resource and incorporate a client’s spirituality into counseling if requested. (competency training provided annually)
· Knowledge and experience providing therapy that is trauma-informed and evidence based, such as TF-CBT, PE, CPT, EMDR, TBRI
· Ability to assess a client’s therapeutic needs, to establish a therapeutic relationship, and to evaluate therapeutic outcomes.
· Work cooperatively with an interdisciplinary treatment team.
· Experience providing culturally sensitive treatment to individuals from diverse religious/spiritual, cultural, racial, sexual orientation and socioeconomic backgrounds.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience with an Electronic Medical Records system, as well as comfort with computers, Microsoft office, and various software applications.
The Samaritan Center is committed to culturally responsive services for all persons. We embrace an inclusive and diverse workforce and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Contact by email please. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com