Website George School
George School, a Quaker boarding/day grades 9-12 college preparatory school located in Newtown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, seeks a school counselor. The school counselor is a full-time, 10-month academic year position. The school counselor helps students manage different mental and emotional challenges through short-term counseling interventions and community resource coordination.
Support the Director of Counseling Services in delivering short-term counseling services that foster the academic, personal and social development of students grades 9-12.
Perform crisis counseling as needed.
Maintain counseling records in the Magnus student health database.
Participate in weekly staff meetings between the SHWC and the Deans Office.
Maintain a roster of and relationship with local therapists for student referral.
Attend all Advisory Council, Early Intervention, and SHWC meetings.
Consult and work closely with the Learning Center to support the needs of students with learning differences.
· Endorsement as a school counselor/social worker/qualified mental health professional in Pennsylvania preferred.
· Master’s degree preferred.
· Demonstrated experience working with adolescents.
· Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
· Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Commitment to the traditions and philosophy of a Quaker educational community and a working style consistent with Quaker values.
· Ability to articulate and tactfully handle inquiries from students, parents, faculty, and staff.
PLEASE APPLY AT www.georgeschool.org UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.