Canopy is a values-based mental health organization committed to centering BIPOC and other historically marginalized and underrepresented communities. Canopy provides high quality services with purpose and integrity by collaborating with and supporting individuals, groups, families, and communities in meeting their mental health goals. Canopy aspires to provide a supportive and educational work atmosphere where collaboration and egalitarian decision-making fosters respect and trust among diverse providers.
Psychiatric Prescriber, Full-time (Canopy MHC)
Canopy Mental Health & Consulting is looking for a Psychiatric Provider (MD/DO psychiatrist, PA, or APRN license and certification) as a full-time employee. Work location is flexible and can be done in any combination of in-office and/or telemedicine.
Clinicians who identify as BIPOC or as members of historically marginalized/underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The individual in this role provides services in an outpatient setting, and in close collaboration with outpatient psychotherapists. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluating clients by conducting intakes, assessing their medical histories, and conducting psychological testing.
- Analyzing data and the results of their assessments in order to diagnose clients
- Prescribing and administering treatments and medication depending on client diagnosis.
- Developing a treatment plan, evaluating the results of that plan and making changes as necessary.
- Taking consultation calls from staff regarding client emergencies as needed.
- Collaborating with client care teams as needed.
- Completing clinical documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Following legal and professional obligations, such as HIPAA compliance and confidentiality, as well as all federal, state and local legal guidelines, license criteria and the professional code of ethics.
- Licensed (or soon-to-be) in the State of Minnesota to independently prescribe (MD, DO, CNP, PA etc.)
- Experience with and passion for working with marginalized communities and BIPOC clients
- Comfortable working in a paperless service setting and with EHR (electronic health record) documentation
- Valid DEA certificate
- Knowledge of regulatory standards governing care delivery and operations
- Experience, training and willingness to work with children and adolescents.
- Experience maintaining client records in an electronic health record system and basic knowledge of insurance billing processes (CPT codes, diagnostic codes, use of modifiers, etc.).
- Must be passionate and knowledgeable about providing culturally responsive services, equitable healthcare access, and social and economic challenges of the clients that they work with.
Benefits and Compensation:
This role is full-time exempt, and eligible for insurance and benefits (medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, 401K with matching, training stipend) with a starting salary range of $125,000 to $400,000 per year, depending on license and qualifications. This position also offers a $10,000 signing bonus.
- Out-of-state applicants are encouraged to apply
- Relocation assistance
- Highly flexible schedule
- To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.canopymhc.com.
Canopy Mental Health & Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. Canopy Mental Health & Consulting does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com