Website Babson College
The CAPS Clinician will provide individual personal counseling to Babson undergraduate and graduate students using a short-term treatment model. The Clinician will also be responsible for conducting assessments, making appropriate referrals on and off-campus, and providing educational and outreach programming to the campus community; may be responsible for developing and leading groups; consulting, as appropriate, with staff, faculty, families, professionals and students regarding a variety of mental health concerns, and providing risk assessments and crisis interventions as necessary; and serving in a Clinician-on-Call rotation during non-business hours.
· Provide intake assessments with triage-based disposition and referral.
· Provide individual counseling for students within a brief and focused counseling model.
· Facilitate/co-facilitate groups, workshops, and psycho-educational outreach.
· Provide training on mental health issues and suicide prevention to the campus community, including, but not limited to, staff and student leaders.
· Actively participate in staff meetings, and other departmental and division meetings and events.
· Provide crisis intervention and risk assessment as needed.
· Partner with other Health and Wellness Departments (Health Services, Religious & Spiritual Life, and Wellness and Prevention Services) in the development of a holistic approach to health and wellness at Babson College.
· Consult with other members of the Babson College community, families and other professionals regarding student care, within the limits of confidentiality.
· Maintain accurate and timely documentation of all clinical interactions and consultation.
· Perform case management and administrative responsibilities in support of clinical work.
· Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Depending on licensure, may supervise CAPS interns
Minimum Level of Education Required Ph.D./PsyD in clinical or counseling psychology, MSW, MA or equivalent; licensed by the State of Massachusetts or license-eligible
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
· A minimum of 3-5 years of related counseling experience.
· Must have experience providing brief counseling
· Must have experience providing risk assessment and crisis response
· Must have strong verbal, presentation, and writing skills
· Ability to build relationships and establish collaborative partnerships across the institution
· Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment and interact with culturally diverse individuals at all levels of the organization
· Demonstrated technological competence with an appreciation and skill to apply technology in departmental operations and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) as well as any Counseling Services specific software
· Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times
· Broad knowledge of the dynamics of power, privilege, and oppression, gendered violence, and sexual and intimate partner violence on campus
· Previous experience working as a part of a collaborative, team-based approach to clinical services in a fast-paced work setting.
Requires some evening/weekend work
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
· Experience in a college counseling center strongly preferred
To apply for this job please visit babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.